How to make Buns with Potatoes, delicious and gives an appearance of a burger bread. This bun can be substituted and used to make delicious burger adding a healthier ingredient to the delicious meal.
- Dice the sweet potato into cubes and boil in salted water for 15 to 20 minutes until they are tender
- Drain the water and mash the potatoes. Set aside one cup for use.
- In a bowl, add 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup warm water and yeast and whisk. Cover the mixture and leave in a warm place for 15 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Add one cup of mashed sweet potatoes into the yeast mixture. Add egg, melted butter, honey and salt and three cups of flour. Mix with a dough hook and knead for three minutes.
- If the dough is sticky add more flour and knead until the dough is soft and elastic.
- Sprinkle flour on a surface and shape into a smooth ball.
- Place the dough on a bowl and drizzle with oil; rub oil over the entire surface to keep the dough from drying out.
- Cover and place in a warm spot for two hours until dough has doubled in size.
- Sprinkle flour on a flat surface and gently press out air pockets.
- Press into a rectangular shape about 3/4-inch thick. Cut dough into 16 equal sized pieces. Gently shape each piece into a ball. Slightly flatten each ball and place onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat. Let the dough rise until double, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk 1 egg and 1 teaspoon water together in a bowl. Brush each bun with egg mixture. Sprinkle dough with sesame seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 15 minutes.
- 1/2 pound sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, or more as needed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Get the best of it…