To meet up with the huge demands of our materialistic world, we run the never-ending race of money making, that in turn destroy our health.
We hurt ourselves by manipulating our healthy lifestyle. Skipping breakfast, ignoring midday hunger pangs and later stuffing yourself up with extra loaded cheese, then driving straight into a pub after work to unwind and later returning home to gorge on a cold frozen dinner. Only for you to find it hard to sleep during bedtime.
We must understand that Sleep is a very important part of our well being that should not be taken for granted even for material gain.
Sound sleep is good for the health and no matter how rich you are you can only purchase vitamin supplements, not quality rest.
The problems sleep deprivation brings are:
- It leads to increased irritability.
- Impairs cognitive thinking.
- Leads to memory lapses or loss.
- Increases stress.
- Leads to impaired immunity system.
- Slows down our response time.
- Decreases accuracy.
- Lowers our concentration levels.
These poor lifestyle habits cause sleeplessness;
- Irregular sleep schedule.
- Intake of alcohol and caffeine close to bedtime.
- Certain medications.
- Overexposure to electronic gadgets during sleep time.
- Lack of sleep hygiene.
- Wrong choice of mattress and pillow and many more.
It’s important to self-investigate from time to time especially if you are losing sleep. Take care of your health and ensure you sleep well. Your life is more important than the vanities of this world.